- Toronto is home to 8,100 restaurants and bars, representing 6.5% of all businesses in the city.
- The multicultural population of the GTA is expected to reach 9 million people by 2036.
- Hanlan’s Point Stadium in Centre Island is where Babe Ruth made his first professional home run.
- The lowest recorded temperature Toronto has every had was -31.3 degrees C (without wind chill) in 1943.
- Toronto welcomes over 40 million visitors annually, with an overall visitor spending of $7.2 billion during their visits.
- There are 301 measurable days of sunshine in Toronto. December has the fewest days (19), while July/August has the most days (30).
Toronto is the only Canadian city with representation in 7 major league sports.
- Little Italy, Little Portugal, and Chinatown have dual-language street signs written in both English and a language other than French.